Friday, May 4, 2007

Random thoughts on a sunny day

Sun's up, uh huh, looks okay
The world survives into another day
And I'm thinking about eternity
Some kind of ecstasy got a hold on me

(Bruce Cockburn from Wondering Where the Lions Are)

Another beautiful day and it got me thinking about Dragon Boat racing and how fortunate we are to be able to do this sport in such a beautiful place. Next time you are on the boat, take the time to stop and look around. Vancouver is so beautiful. This is my first year paddling--just like you--and I am amazed how much this sport has impacted my life. I love the sport and the people who do the sport and the changes in my body, mind, and spirit that I have noticed after just a few weeks. Indeed, "some kind of ecstacy got a hold on me".

Speaking about beautiful days...don't forget to bring and USE sunscreen. 30 SPF is best, but certainly a minimum 15 SPF. On sunny days you will also want a bottle of water. Tea, cola, or other 'sugar' drinks are not good on the water. Good ol' water is the best for rehydrating.

No comments: