Wednesday, May 2, 2007

May Day practice

Yesterday's practice was terrific. We had 16 paddlers out. Thanks Stanley and Jordan for making the effort and getting down in time to get out on the water--it wouldn't have been the same without you. I think we all had a good time and learned lots. Dipa and Taylor were great leads, Debora and Daphne were also great first time paddlers. I hope that those of you who could not make it today will be at the next practice. We only have a few weeks to get ready for Alcan. St. Thomas More has challenged us for next week, so we might be able to have a mini race.

Thanks to Coach Todd Wong for his great teaching and inspirational speaking. Today was my first time steering, and so it was a pretty sharp learning curve for me too.

Don't forget to drop by B109 and drop off your $20.00 to me this week. I look forward to seeing all of you soon.

No comments: